Looking for something to keep the kids entertained? Check out these activities and attractions.
1. Teddy Bear Week. Every child that brings a full paying adult, and most importantly a teddy bear with them, travels for free on the North York Moors Railway between Sunday (tomorrow) and February 22.
2. Captain Cook Museum. Sunday (tomorrow) – Sailors Valentines! Artist Rachael Boddington will work with children to create a decorative shell collage. Drop-in, 11am to 3pm. £1 or free with museum entry.
3. Boggle Hole fossil hunt. Join us for a fossil hunting trip along the southern part of Robin Hood’s Bay. Meet in the car park at the top of the path down to Boggle Hole. Monday, 2pm-3.30pm.
4. Whitby Abbey. Discover what it was like to be a monk with storytelling, dressing up and see fascinating finds from the abbey’s history. Today (Saturday) until to Sunday February 21, 11am to 4pm.
5. Moors National Park Centre, Danby. Learn about the creatures that will soon wake up after the cold winter, and enjoy some exciting spring crafts. Monday to Sunday February 21. You must book.