SUNDAY LEAGUE: Campus strike in extra-time to see off Ayton Reserves

Ayton Reserves keeper Shaun Dolan tries to prevent a Scarborough Campus effort flying into the back of his net. Pictures by Steve Lilly.
Ayton Reserves keeper Shaun Dolan tries to prevent a Scarborough Campus effort flying into the back of his net. Pictures by Steve Lilly.

Scarborough Campus moved into the final of the Goalsports Trophy after a 2-1 win against Ayton Reserves after extra-time.

Campus held the lead after 20 minutes through an unmarked header from Dan Bateson, and it took until the dying embers of the second-half for Ayton Reserves to level up.

Liam Scott's effort on goal was diverted past the Campus keeper by Paul Mills and the game went to extra-time.

It wasn't to be Ayton's day though and a wind-assisted long-range effort from Adam Martin in the first half of extra-time settled the contest and sealed Campus' place in the final.

Jamie Heritage was man of the match for Ayton, while Keith Savage praised his entire side for their victory.

Fylingdales battled to a 3-2 win against Cayton in Division One despite starting with only 10 men and then having to play the second half with nine.

Man of the match Mikey Kilpatrick set up Jake Faichney to lift over the Cayton keeper and make it 1-0 to Dales, before he turned scorer himself, beating several players before curling in superbly for 2-0.

Sam Richardson was then forced off through injury, leaving stand-in manager Tommy Gray's side with only nine men.

This didn't hinder them in the short term though as they went 3-0 up, Kilpatrick robbing a Cayton man and slotting in.

Kilpatrick then had the chance to make it four after he won a penalty, but his tame effort was easily saved by the keeper.

Cayton rallied in the latter stages and grabbed two goals of their own to set up a tense finale, but nine-man Dales hung on for the three points.

Ayton cruised to a 4-1 win at Roscoes Bar.

Louis Rafter's goal put Mark Plumpton's Ayton side 1-0 ahead before Jonny Blakstone doubled their advantage before the break with a superb strike into the top-corner.

Blakestone's second made it 3-0 after half-time, a clever near-post finish putting the result beyond any doubt.

Tom McKenzie-Fenwick netted their fourth at the second attempt after his first effort was parried by the keeper.

A mistake by defender Dempsey Stubbings, who was Ayton's star man, led to Lee Paterson scoring a consolation goal for Roscoes.

FILO failed to raise a side for their game against Newlands, while Heslerton also couldn't manage to get a side out for their game against West Pier.

Angel Athletic made it 13 league wins in as many games as they battled to a 4-1 win at second-placed Scalby in Division Two.

The young Otters battled hard in the first half to ensure the scores were locked at 0-0 heading into the break.

Two Athletic subs made the difference for the champions, as Joe Gallagher headed in Dan Jones' long throw-in for 1-0.

Dave Bell scored the goal of the game to make it 2-0 before another sub, Josh Dolan, nipped in behind the Scalby rearguard to make it 3-0.

Scalby battled back and made it 3-1, a brilliant team move ended with Tyler Beck sliding in past the Angel keeper.

Angel had the last word though, Neil Thomas dinking over outstanding young keeper Adam Quilter to round things off at 4-1 to the table-toppers.

Angel boss Jones singled out super-subs Gallagher and Dolan as their star men, while Quilter, tireless midfielder Matthew Bourne, Josh Welburn and Ben Dolan stood out for Mark Eyres and Lee Dolan's Scalby side.

Crown Tavern cruised to a 5-1 win at Fylingdales Reserves.

Chris Hannam put Leroy Donaldson's men 1-0 up before Dales levelled matters up heading into the break.

Hannam bagged his second to put Tavern 2-1 up before a James Day double made it 4-1.

A third from Hannam wrapped up both the scoring and his hat-trick.

Hannam was named as the victor's star man.