Leaders finally surrender 100% record

Share this article

LEADERS Lealholm lost their 100% record as Boosbeck United came from behind to grab a well-earned point.

In a well-contested game, Lealholm had the better of the early exchanges and they went two goals in front with Ben Crooks scoring twice.

Connor Hood pulled a goal back for Boosbeck before Crooks completed his hat-trick to restore the two-goal lead for Lealholm.

Dane Breckon netted for the home side but Crooks added a fourth for Lealholm before a late flourish from Boosbeck saw them score twice through Breckon again and a Liam Raw strike as they nicked a point.

Stokesley closed the gap at the top to four points as they won by the odd goal in three at Hinderwell.

Michael Croft gave the visitors the lead just after the half hour mark but an early penalty in the second half from Hinderwell’s Gary Marsay brought the sides level.

With 20 minutes to go, Stokesley grabbed what proved to be the winning goal.

Hinderwell battled hard for a point and late on, they hit the inside of a post with the ball rolling agonisingly along the line before being cleared.

Brotton Railway Arms entertained Staithes Athletic and started well and dominated most areas of the pitch, especially the midfield.

Paul Agar scored the only goal of the first half to give the home side the lead when he turned his marker and rifled the ball past the Staithes keeper.

Brotton kept up the pressure but were unable to add to their lead.

Staithes started a lot better in the second half with Brotton sitting back and this allowed the visitors to get a foothold in the game - and the equaliser came from Steve Starsmore.

Things went downhill for the home side after this and as Staithes upped their game.

Four more goals followed to allow the visitors to take all three points with Starsmore scoring again and further goals from Ryan Thompson, Chris Harland and Simon Bowes were added.

Despite dropping below Loftus after these games, Staithes have games in hand on the two clubs above them and are only two points behind.

Loftus entertained Great Ayton and with the help of an emphatic win jumped to third in the table above Staithes.

Loftus and Great Ayton were evenly matched early on and both sides scored as the game ebbed and flowed.

However, three quick goals by Loftus seemed to deflate the visitors and Loftus scored four more before the interval.

In the second half, Loftus kept up the pressure and despite Ayton’s attempts to get back in the game, the home side scored five without reply with Greg Peel scoring eight times, Kevin Devereux twice and Anthony Sivills, Matthew Griffin and substitute Lee Preston also getting on the scoresheet.

Lingdale’s game at Goldsborough was a victim of the weather and they are sliding down the table by virtue of not having played any games recently.