North Yorkshire Fire Service have been sent to two bizarre 999 calls this week.
Crews were called to a house in Whitby after the residents reported a strange noise coming from a fan. After examining the scene, firefighters discovered the source of the noise was actually an electric toothbrush.
In another incident reported on the same overnight log, firefighters were sent to a property in Great Ouseburn after a smell of smoke was reported. An enthusiastic cook celebrating Easter had put 12 hot cross buns into the oven - then left them unattended.