A shop on Baxtergate has been damaged due to a wheelie bin fire.
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue attended the incident at 12.10am (Wednesday April 24) after report of a number of bin bags alight against the building.
On arrival, crews from Whitby and Robin Hoods Bay found that this was in fact due to a fire to a wheelie bin which spread to the exterior of the shop front. It also caused 15% fire damage inside.
The fire is believed to have been caused accidentally by a dropped light.
Crews used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel and a thermal imaging camera.