Log burner may have caused blaze which badly damaged holiday homes in Filey
TWO adjoining semi-detached houses atÂ a Filey holiday villageÂ Â were badlyÂ damaged in a roof blaze suspected to have originated from the flue of a log burner.
Firefighters were called to reports of a blaze at a house on Trinity Way at The Bay off Moor Road at Filey just before 7pm last night. (Thurs Feb 22)
A North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman, said: "The incident involved a semi detached property along with the adjoining property which the fire had spread through the roof causing extensive damage to both properties."
The spokesman added: "The cause of the fire is not confirmed but believed to of originated from the flue of a log burner. Further fire investigation is to be carried out in daylight hours."
No-one was injured in the incident.
Crews from Filey, Scarborough, Sherburn and Pickering dealt with the blaze.