Electrics cause fire

A FLAT in Whitby’s Church Street was left with smoke and heat damage after a faulty fuse board sparked an electrical fire.

Crews from Whitby and Robin Hood’s Bay attended the ground floor property at around 7.10pm on Saturday and requested back up from the specialist aerial ladder platform based in Scarborough because the flat is within a three storey building.

Two fire-fighters wearing breathing apparatus and a hose reel to put out the fire and then a fan to ventilate the flat.

There was 35 square metres of heat and smoke damage.