Car fire on Sneaton Lane

Share this article

FIRE crews from Whitby and Lythe responded to reports of a house fire on Sneaton Lane in Ruswarp at around 11.30pm on Sunday (17 June).

However, when Whitby fire crew arrived they discovered that the fire was actually to a white Peugeot Expert van.

The van was completely destroyed by the blaze, which was believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.

The fire crews were able to extinguish the fire using breathing apparatus and one hose reel.