WATER causes electrical fire

0
Have your say

WATER which had seeped into a junction box sparked a fire at a Whitby house on Tuesday morning.

Fire crews from Whitby and Lythe stations were called to the semi-detached house on Cherry Close at around 8.40am.

They discovered that water had got into the wiring system and caused the electrics to short circuit.

Firefighters isolated the electrics and used a thermal imaging camera to carry out a full inspection and make sure there were no other pockets of fire.

They left the incident just after 9.15am.