DCSIMG

Fire crews tackle two house blazes in less than a week

editorial image

editorial image

A woman was taken to hospital with smoke inhalation after trying to tackle a fire which had broken out in the kitchen of her farmhouse.

It happened on Sunday morning at Partridge Hill Farm near Robin Hood’s Bay after she had put some old hay netting to burn on the open fire in the kitchen.

She went back outside to finish feeding the animals and while she was outside the netting rolled off the fire and set light to a chair.

When she came back into the house the kitchen was on fire.

She phoned the fire brigade and crews from Whitby and Robin Hood’s Bay attended.

Watch manager Chis Watson said the kitchen was totally destroyed but luckily the rest of the house was unaffected because the internal doors were closed.

On Thursday three crews were at the scene of a house fire in Commondale nearCastleton.

There was a bedroom fire at the detached property which was unoccupied at the time of the incident.

Crews from Danby, Guisboorugh and Stokesley attended the fire.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page