Immersion heater believed to have caused Whitby bathroom fire

Crews from Whitby and Robin Hood's Bay attended the bathroom fire.
Crews from Whitby and Robin Hood's Bay attended the bathroom fire.

A faulty immersion heater is believed to be the cause of a bathroom fire in Whitby.

Fire crews from Whitby and Robin Hood's Bay were dispatched to a property on Scraper Lane this morning at 3.21am to a report of a bathroom fire.

Crews extinguished the blaze using two breathing apparatus, two hose reels, a thermal imaging camera and a positive pressure ventilation fan.

The cause is believed to have been a faulty immersion heater.

No one is believed to have been injured from the incident.