FIREFIGHTERS were called to two different houses to deal with chimney fires which happened just minutes apart last Friday (21 January).
Crews from Whitby and Goathland went to a house in Coach Road, Sleights at just before 10am after receiving reports of a fire, which was out on arrival. They carried out a safety inspection.
And at 10.35am, the Whitby crew dealt with a second chimney fire in the town’s St Peter’s Road.
They used a ladder to access the chimney and used water to put out the fire which is believed to have started due to the owner burning “inappropriate material.”