Fire at Lealholm pub

The Board Inn in Lealholm'w121101h
The Board Inn in Lealholm'w121101h
0
Have your say

AN ELECTRICAL fire in the cellar of a Lealholm pub sparked a 999 call to the emergency services on Sunday.

Two fire engines from Whitby and Lythe responded to the incident, which occurred at the Board Inn, beside Lealholm’s village green.

The fire started at around 7.30am and was believed to have been caused by a compressor in the cellar of the pub.

However, by the time the fire crews arrived, the owners had been able to extinguish the flames.

A spokesperson for North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said: “The fire was out on our arrival so we used a thermal imaging camera to do a full inspection of the premises and make sure everything was safe.”