Fire at former Post Office in Staithes

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called to Staithes’ former Post Office at the weekend after reports of a fire.

Crews from Whitby, Lythe, Danby and the aerial ladder platform from Scarborough were sent to the building in High Street just before 2.30pm on Saturday.

A spokesman for North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said the blaze spread through the ground floor of the house and started from a log burning stove in the adjacent property.

Crews were at the scene for around two hours.

The former Post Office closed in November last year.